Lebanon Rails Business Park
The Market Advantages
The Lebanon Rails Business Park has a number of distinct market advantages for expanding companies. Within a 500-mile radius there is:
- Approximately 45% of the U.S. population
- Approximately 60% of the Canadian population
- Four of the nine major U.S. markets
- 41% of the domestic traded service industries
- 45% of the U.S. manufacturers
We are located within minutes of three major interstate highways, including I-76 (Pa. turnpike), I-81 and I-78. Connections to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic are only a short distance away.
We are only minutes from other transportation networks, such as the Norfolk Southern rail freight system (including the Intermodal yard at Rutherford, Pa.) and scheduled air and package delivery services at Harrisburg International Airport.
We are only a short drive from the ports of Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York, with full cargo handling facilities and container capabilities.
We are part of the Harrisburg-Lebanon-Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). We are at the east end of this growing region, offering closer access to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
The Site Advantages
The Lebanon Rails Business Park (LRBP) has some interesting site advantages that no company wants to overlook.
- The LRBP is a 130-acre park, with large and small lots available.
- Rail served park.
- The LRBP is a "Pennsylvania Select Site," giving the recognition that it is one of the prime locations in the state, ready for construction and development.
- It is zoned for Industrial, allowing most industrial and some commercial office uses.
- It is served by excellent and affordable utility systems with significant capacity, including electric, natural gas, fiber optic, public sewer and public water.
- Protective covenants are administered by the Park Association (made up of resident companies). The Covenants ensure the long-term quality, appearance, and investment potential of Park property.
- The Park is located in the North Lebanon District.
The Community Advantages
The Lebanon Rails Business Park has many service advantages offered by the community at large. Rail lines run along the southern edge of the North Lebanon Business Park.
- The workforce of the Lebanon Valley has been recommended by area employers for years because of its productivity and quality.
- Real estate taxes in Lebanon County are very competitive, often the lowest in the region.
- The cost of industrial and commercial land in the Park and County is some of the lowest in the region.
- The educational and training programs available to companies, workers and residents are superior. The area is served by Harrisburg Area Community College, the Lebanon County Career and Technology Center, Lebanon Valley College, Penn State University and other institutions.
- Public transit is available to the Park, connecting it with other parts of the City and County.
- Attractive financing and incentives are readily available for expanding companies, including tax-exempt industry revenue bonds, small business funds, workforce training grants and infrastructure programs.